Saturday, February 21, 2009

Not David Zayas

I was watching TV the other night and saw this guy playing a New York cop on a rerun of some non-cop show. I realized half way through where I recognized him from: he has one of the main roles on Dexter, as a detective. I think I've seen him on other cop shows, actually. And, you know, the dude looks like a cop. Or anyway he looks like what we want to think cops look like. And as I answer job listings - for teachers, substitute teachers, art assoicates, gallery managers, registrars, grant writers, office managers, program managers, part time, full time, volunteering with at risk teens, TESL jobs, tutoring jobs - I realize how truly lucky I am that I have not been type-cast. That this may be, contrary to my gripes about having a CV that looks like someone threw-up a bunch of job experiences and skills onto a sheet of Strathmore Soft-White 24 lb paper, not such a bad thing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment