Monday, July 6, 2009

Popsicles are for the summer time...

and I've always wanted a briefcase hand-cuffed to my wrist are two of my favorite lines from Mitch Hedberg that pop-up in my consciousness from time to time.

Summer is here and the search for the perfect summer beverage has begun. So far we've tried these, both to much success (photos will be forthcoming, I drank mine all too fast to even consider documentation, but I'm not as excited now so next time; next time).

Pimm's Cup made with home-made, fresh ginger-ale (which is awesome on its own, by the by)
Fill a glass with ice. Pour it half full of Pimm's. In a separate cup mix the juice of a chunk of ginger squeezed from the gratings of a piece about the size of your thumb with some agave nectar (or simple syrup) and the juice from half a lime. Mix until combined and add selzer water. Then top off your Pimm's cup with your fresh gingerale, stir and garnish with a wedge of lime. (Peep Nekko in the upper corner of this picture!)

Campari and fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
Um, mix Campari and fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice? (1 part to 3?) Serve over ice and a piece of lime (?).


Did you know that the red color in Campari's comes from insects? YIKES! So, anyway, vegans beware! NO CAMPARI FOR YOU!

2 comments:

  1. I love a good Pimm's Cup, but with homemade ginger ale? Yummy! I feel the need to quench my growing thirst as I read and reread this entry. As for the Campari, yet another thing I don't ingest thanks to the cochineal beetle or whatever bug they use for carmine. Yuck, but yum, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you are here we will have Pimm's cups with home-made ginergale. Have I mentioned that I am excited??

    ReplyDelete